The International Trade Center (ITC) at GSU is funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration, the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO), and Governors State University. Our mission is committed to providing targeted ,high-impact service for the export-ready companies, including the export counseling and training, market research , technical assistant in trading, logistics, financing, and strategic export planning,etc.
ITC serves export businesses by providing the following:
- Individualized, free export consultation to Illinois businesses;
- International market analysis to identify the most advantageous trading opportunities;
- Identification of foreign buyers, agents and/or distributors through trade leads;
- Seminars on international business strategies, export procedures, distribution practices, and methods of payment, as well as the latest exporting trends;
- Export finance assistance in coordination with EX-IM Bank and SBA’s Export Working Capital Program;
- Access to extensive export trade reference material and the International Trade Data Bank.
The ITC at GSU has entered into a partnership with the Illinois Office of Trade and Investment (OTI), which maintains a full-time staff of both foreign and domestic-based international trade and marketing experts. OTI also manages nine foreign trade offices located in Belgium, Japan, Hong Kong, Mainland China, Mexico, Canada, Poland, Israel and India.
What is unique or different about our ITC center?
- Extensive resource from government and associated partners, such as SBDC, Profit Cents, IRS, OSHA, Google, etc.
- Great support from center point as the non-profit corporation to get the SBA 504 loan
- Rich experience in international logistics and supply chain management
- With bilingual language skills and Asian clients resources and relationship
- Specialty on China Projects with extensive knowledge of China economic pattern and business policy
Video: Where will Your Next Customer Come From?
For complete details, please contact Mary Ma, the director of International Trade Center at GSU at 708-534-6976 or at firstname.lastname@example.org .